Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Just Roll With It

This post is for my newfound friend, Karen. We met at a preschool Thanksgiving feast, where we gabbed over plates of stuffing & chicken nuggets & homemade rolls. She graciously asked me for my roll recipe. I happen to LOVE my roll recipe. It is the ONLY one after many failed attempts that I can get to work out here in the high altitude of Colorado. And may I say, they are scrumptious.
So here's to you Karen {you sweet thing!}, and all roll lovers everywhere! Enjoy!
1½ cups warm water
1 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP yeast
1½ cups warm milk
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
6-7 cups bread flour


In a separate bowl, activate yeast, warm water, 1 TBSP sugar, and yeast; set aside until bubbly.

Melt butter in milk, then add sugar, salt and eggs.
Add 3 cups of flour to the milk mixture, then add the yeast mixture.
After combined, add the remaining 3 cups of flour. If dough is too sticky, add up to another cup of flour.

Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours.
Punch dough down and form into rolls. Let rise for another hour.
Bake at 375ยบ for 12-14 min.

1 comments:

Leah said...

Your rolls are delish! Glad to have the recipe, thanks for sharing:)

Post a Comment