Sunday, December 4, 2011

Candy Cane Mountains Recipe

I am not a food blogger. Nor do I have a fancy camera to take adorable pictures of food with. ~Though I have a sneaky suspicion Santa may have stayed up all night on Black Friday to snatch up a good deal on the next step up from our mini point and shoot. And I have a sneaky suspicion that Santa might tell you all about that night on the town in a later post. Keep your fingers crossed!

So sorry...got a little distracted there. Back to the matter at hand.

I may not blog about food. But I happen to love it. I consume it daily, and I like it to taste good. I am particularly fond of baked goods. Homemade dinner rolls fresh from the oven, cinnamon rolls, cookies, pies~you know, all of the delicious carbs. Love them. Love them all!

As mentioned in the previous post, I had the good fortune of attending two, yes, two cookie exchanges this weekend. I was planning on being super savy and bringing different treats to each one, but it just didn't happen. A little thing called life with four kids who needed their mom outside of the kitchen happened instead. However, I found/tweaked/combined two recipes to create what I am calling Candy Cane Mountains. And let me tell you, they are di.vine. Maybe even my new favorite Christmas cookie. So, in the end, I was pleased as punch to present these at both parties. And I thought, maybe, just maybe, you might be looking for a new favorite Christmas cookie too. So here it is. Please, look past the point & click pic, and just know that these little sweets are beautiful on the inside. Enjoy!
CANDY CANE MOUNTAINS
SimplyCumorah.blogspot.com
COOKIES:
1 C. butter, softened
1/4 C. packed brown sugar
1 egg
a/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. flour
1/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Grease cookie sheets
2. Separate egg,. (you will only use yolk)
3. Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolk
4. Add vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
5. Shape dough into balls.
6. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart, bake for 5 minutes.
7. Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Bake for another 8 minutes.

Let cool.. Then fill with filling

PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING:
1/4 C. softened butter
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract.
1 1/2 C powdered sugar.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, with electric mixer on high for 1 minute. Beat in peppermint extract. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat for another 1 minute on high.

Top with Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. {aka: Heaven in a bag}Share with neighbors, friends, your children, your childrens' teachers, or hide them all in your cupboard and keep them for yourself. They are just that yummy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These look very yummy. Thanks for the Christmas treat share.

Post a Comment