Monday, February 27, 2012

Better Together

You know those scriptures that talk about how when you are ready to enter the fold of God, you desire to "bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort"?
Sometimes, I think we focus on doing all of that bearing, mourning and comforting to those outside of our home. Outside of our immediate family. Outside of our marriage.
Can I tell you how blessed I feel, that today, a day definitely outside of my "be strong, be happy, and love the life you live" norm, that my sweet husband was there to bear my burdens, to mourn with me, and to comfort me? He was a strength just when I needed him to be, and a sweet shoulder to let my tears fall on.
I am not really a panic type of crier. I tear up at babies being born, and sisters being married, and wipe my wet eyes when a friend shares her burdens, or my little girl talks about her love of the Savior, but I generally hold it together when my life's road gets bumpy. But, suffice it to say, today was a little out of the norm, and my man was there for me.
I was reminded in that moment, standing in our kitchen, with my head on his shoulder, and his arms wrapped around me, of the incredible blessings of marriage. We are two, different people, who have, as it turns out, very different strengths. Sometimes our differences might be mistaken as a weakness, but I will say, that I believe our forces combined make us great. We are better people because we have eachother. And I love that.
And I love him.
The end.

1 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

ahh this is so sweet sister mccomber! :) i love it. Also, i wanted to say thank you for donating to my africa fund. you are awesome. and so is your husband. and I'm so happy that you guys have a happy marriage. give me hope :) haha

Post a Comment